Tuesday, February 16, 2016

February 16, 2016 It's the small things...

Kaikille:
Well another week.  I decided it's just hopeless to try and tell you all of the experiences that I have each day, because there are just too many.  So here is a small summary:

This week really was so awesome with our Investigators. They are progressing slowly, and it just makes your heart burn with happiness to see the changes although small that are taking place in their lives. It's just like the weather right now. The sun is slowly starting to shine through and eventually the snow will melt and everything will start to turn green, the leaves with start to come on the trees and the flowers blossom. Just as spring is slowing coming, I see the light that is coming into the eyes and lives of these investigators and it's really what I love most about missionary work. One of our investigators has really been struggling for a while with one of the principles of the Gospel. She's had a really hard time understanding it, and we've tried all that we knew how. Eventually it came to a point that she was slightly frustrated, so she asked that we let it be for a while and continue teaching the other lessons and maybe we could come back to it. Well this week we decided in one of our lessons to bring it up again and ask if we could talk about it again. She actually was really receptive to it, and the next lesson when we came to talk more about it, we came to discover that she was already making changes in her life to live in harmony with this principle of the Gospel. It made me so happy that she really is wanting to change her life and follow Christ's example. She is a really great investigator and I know that she really does want to know that everything is true. I love seeing these changes in their lives, and it inspires me to make my own changes.

This week we had the opportunity to sing at a funeral.  We sang this song, and although it was in Finnish, I really started to think about the words and there were moments this week that although everything is going really great with our investigators, I was really struggling.  I sang the words of this song to myself over and over again, and it brought such peace.  It helped me to overcome the hardest moments and to remember who can really offer us the greatest peace and hope and happiness in our lives.  I just wanted to end by sharing these and hope that someone that is reading this can be blessed by reading these words too:

1. Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?
2. Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.
3. He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.

(Where Can I Turn For Peace pg. 179)

I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and loves each one of us.  He is always with us and He loves us with a love that even we cannot comprehend, but I know that we can feel when we turn to Him.  I have felt it so many times in my life and I am so grateful for the peace that he gives.  I love this Gospel and I love Finland.  Being a missionary is so humbling, yet so fulfilling and so life-changing.  Remember you have a Father in Heaven watching over you each day.  He loves you so dearly.  You are always loved.  I love you all too.  Have a great week!

Rakkaudellani
Sister Schyler Jordan,
 I love Sister Saarinen! 
Finland.  SO BEAUTIFUL.

Our Valentine's day outfits.  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment