Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Tuesday April 21, 2015



Dear Everyone:
It's been a really long week since I wrote about everything, so unfortunately, a lot of things will have to wait until I get home... Let's just hope I wrote them in my journal.  So first off, we had Zone Conference in Tampere this last Saturday.  It was with our Zone as well as the Tampere Zone.  We had to get up at 2:30am to make it there on time.  Elder Nielson of the Seventy came and spoke to us.  He served his mission here about the same time as President Watson, and it was really cool to be able to here from him.  He talked a lot about the enabling and redeeming powers of the Atonement.  I think it was definitely something all of us needed to hear as missionaries.  I really loved the talks that both he and his wife gave.  

On sunday just barely, me and my companion actually sang in church... can you believe it... Me... I sang in church not in a big group of people either haha.  It actually went really well.  Also crazy exciting news-- We had three investigators in church on Sunday.  We weren't even expecting one of them to come, but on the way to church he called us and said hey I want to come to church today, could you find me a ride.  It was so awesome and it just made it even better that we were able to sing in church too!! It was a really great day!! 

So really funny story for the week...
We were walking home from an old ladies home that we had gone to visit on Sunday night.  On the way home, we passed this old man and said Hi to him.  He stopped and started talking to us, so we stopped to listen.  He was speaking somewhat unintelligible Finnish, but we tried to understand him as best we could.  We explained who we were and talked with him for just a little while.  Then we gave him a pass a long card and explained when church was each sunday and that he was welcome to come.  Then Sister Seegmiller went to shake his hand and just as she did, I saw it coming... He totally lifts her hand and plants a really gross kiss on it.  It was even more gross because he had been drinking and he was just really drunk and he was an old man.  So I of course was not going to shake his hand, but then he reached for my hand, so not wanting to be rude I just let him, but luckily I had left my glove on.  He just was really puzzled about why my hand felt the way it did.  He just kept saying, "oi ihana tyttöjä, ihana.." haha which just pretty much means oh wonderful girls in english.  It was really funny and we laughed the whole way home.  

We've been able to do a lot of service for members in the ward this week as well as a new family who moved into the ward, but are not members.  We are hoping that with time and through example, we can hopefully help them decide to be baptized.  They are a really awesome family! 

We have a new investigator this week, and we are really super hopeful about him.  He investigated about two years ago and has kept in touch with those Elders all this time, but he just doesn't have a lot of time right now.  He is really solid and had a baptism date with them, he just couldn't find the time to keep commitments and to do everything he knew he should.  Hopefully this time will be the key and he will feel something that will change everything for him.  We are praying lots and staying really hopeful! 

The weather is crazy.  It just keeps getting more and more light each day!! The sun is shining more and I am just really happy that we are seeing blue sky now.  It will be really weird when it is the sun is shining all the time.  I am really grateful that the weather is warming up though.  

Well there is so much to tell you, but only time for that for now!! I hope that everyone is doing well and I love you all so much! Thank you for all that you do and for keeping me in your prayers and well as taking the time to email me! I love you all! Have the best week ever!! 
Rakkaudella,
Sisar Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment