Friday, October 23, 2015

10/20/15 WOOPS!!!!!!! Big Week for us

Kaikille:
SO.... first off!  I have to explain myself from last week.  I sort of forgot to include the most important story of the week!  It's the reason I named last weeks email what I did.  So me and Sister Allen had decided to go to the bathroom at K city market after our lesson one day.  We go to this bathroom a lot, because there aren't really any other public restrooms and we're pretty far from our apartment.  Well because we've gone here so many times, I have always really wondered about this white string that hangs from the ceiling with a little red button next to it, in the stalls.  Well you know... I just must not have been thinking and they say curiosity killed the cat... It just about got us put in jail perhaps.  So as I walked into the stall I say to Sister Allen, "I wonder what this white string is" and just pull it... NOT EVEN THINKING! Well you can imagine what happened next.  This alarm starts going off and the light on the little button turns bright red.  So of course I'm like oh great... so then I say, "Hurry sister allen, go in the other stalls."  So then we both hide in either stall on the side of the one that I pulled the string and we wait... Well I really had to go to the bathroom still and so I just decided to go, all the while thinking great someone is going to come in here and break down the door on me.  Well then I am done and just decide to go out, because it doesn't sound like anyone has come in yet, and hopefully this loud alarm going off isn't such a big deal.  Well as I open the door to walk out, in bursts this security guard guy who is yelling all these things in Finnish and trying to figure out what's going on (what emergency).  So I just decided to act innocent.  I figured if I just played dumb, we might not get in as much trouble, because how in the world would I explain why I pulled that string for no reason... I don't even really know... other than curiosity.  So I understood some of what he was saying and then just said.... "uh we don't speak finnish."  Anyways... long story short... we made it out alive and we are here to tell the tale.  You can bet that me and sister allen had a long long laugh on the bus ride home.  Oh goodness silly me... I won't be pulling anymore white strings from the ceiling the next little while you can bet that!

This week has been so great!  The most exciting news though is OUR FAMILY'S BAPTISM IS ON SATURDAY!! I am so so excited!  I really hope everything can go well and that it will all turn out alright!  Pray pray pray for it all to work out!

I apologize that this week's email is so short.  I really had high intentions of telling you all about a million things that have happened this week, but for some reason, just don't jaksaa to explain it all right now, or maybe there's a reason I feel that I shouldn't.  But kuitenkin, I just wanted to end this by saying how much I love Finland and the people here.  They are so special and I am so grateful to be serving in such a unique place.  I had a moment this week sitting in church behind our family and watching their boys and the one picking out the hymn pages in the hymn book and just how perfect everything was.  How truly blessed I am and how much God loves each one of us.  I am so grateful to be here! I am learning so much about myself, about the world, about others, about God's love, and about this Gospel every single day.  This was the best decision I ever made no matter how hard it has been at times, I am so grateful I made the choice to serve a mission.  God's timing is perfect.  His love is real.  Trust in that, and everything will work out the way it's supposed to in life.  I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Jordan
End of Fall Here :( !!

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment