Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sept. 9, 2015 Kesta Loppuum Asti

Kaikille:
I hope everyone has had a chance to really think about and remember Christ each day this week.  I hope you have found something special to help you really think about Him and grow closer to Him each day aside from pondering and reading scriptures and prayer.  I know your relationship with Him will grow as you continue to strive to be more like Him and live as He would.    

SO..... Guess What Everyone??!?!  We set a wedding date with our family for the 22nd of this month.. How crazy is that-- that's two weeks away?  So we had a lesson with them last Thursday.  Our Bishop and his wife came and they were so awesome.  We talked a lot about eternal marriage and the blessings that come from that, and that for them, marriage and then baptism are both steps to being able to be sealed in the temple for eternity.  Then we made all the wedding plans!!  So great!!  The husband said the closing prayer, and in his prayer, he told Heavenly Father thanks for helping them to decided to be married and that he was grateful for the good and benefit that it would be for his family!  It was such a "warm fuzzies" moment for me, and I had to tell myself not to cry! (haha I have to do that a lot here)

We also had a lesson with them last night as well about faith and repentance.  They just are so accepting of everything and we even talked about favorite verses in the scriptures.  The husband is already to 2 Nephi 5.  They really like the Book of Mormon and say that it is really easy for them to understand compared to the bible.  It's just ahh.. So amazing! 

This week I really felt a change in the weather.. for the worst.  It has been pretty cloudy, dark, and rainy most of the week.  On Saturday we went out to go tracting.  We took a bus ride about 30 minutes to get there, and by the time we were there, it was like downpour.  Well we had to get off the bus and so we decided to try and walk up a few streets to find maybe an apartment building, but by the time we even got up one street, our skirts and bags were soaked.  Then when we finally found these apartment buildings, they were all locked.  So we just had to catch a bus to come back to an area closer and tract there.  It was rather fun other than being cold and wet! :)  I think the temperature has been about 50ish.  Every morning for personal study, I have to put on socks, a hoodie, and cocoon myself in a blanket because I'm so cold.  Winter really is coming.  I can tell that it is getting darker sooner now here and the leaves have somewhat started to fall as well.  We'll see how winter goes-- PRAY that I won't freeze.

We not have another really awesome young investigator.  Sister Allen and her previous companions found her while tracting, the transfer before I got here.  They had about 7 lessons with her and then the day I got here, we had one lesson with her before she left for about two months to Helsinki.  She met with the missionaries there twice and also attended church twice there.  We just had a lesson with her on Saturday and she also came to church on Sunday.  The young-single adults in our ward, one in particular have really reached out to her and invited her to some activities.  She is really awesome and we're hoping for a baptismal date soon.  We tried for one on Saturday, but she's just not quite ready to commit.  I think it will come in time though!  She is great!!! 

Well I just wanted to share a little spiritual note for the day.  I was studying Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life lately, and also the chapter that Nephi is able to see what his father saw (Chapters 8 and 11 in 1 Nephi).  I then read from this last general conference, Elder Kevin W. Pearson's talk-- "Stay by the Tree".  I would encourage you to read it.  The part I wanted to talk about and share is about the Book of Mormon.  He talks about the Book of Mormon being the key to Spiritual Survival.  I too testify of that.  Each day that I study the Book of Mormon, I am given strength, peace, guidance, and hope to live more like my Heavenly Father would want me to.  On days that I am having a hard time, I find a lasting peace, and enduring peace that strengthens and renews me.  I know that reading the Book of Mormon is one of the most important ways that we will be able to withstand temptation and overcome the trials in our lives.  I am so grateful for it, and that I have the opportunity to share its' importance in my life with others.  Take time this week to really read and ponder the scriptures-- they are the Word of God-- the Iron Rod which will lead us to the Tree of Life-- to the Love of God and to Eternal Life.  

I love you all and I am so grateful to be serving right now!  I hope you all are safe, happy, and healthy, and that you stay that way in the coming winter months!  Make yourselves a fabulous week!  

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Jordan 







Pajama ramas!!!!




My new dietary plan has started!!!!!!! Salad and water for me.....Yay!!!!!!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment