Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14, 2016 And All Her Dreams Came True...

Kaikille:
Wow what a week!! What a life. What a wonderful time for me.
I just feel so blessed.  I'll try and relay just a small part of what I have felt and experienced this past week, but I'm sure I won't even cover half of it, so here is the best I have.

Transfer calls.....  Bet you'll never guess! Yep I'm going to Oulu!! ..... to be a Sister Training Leader.  Can I just say wow God is good.  Clear back when I was in the MTC I remember talking about how amazing it would be to serve in Oulu my last transfer or two for the Summer.  That would just be my dream! Well guess it's true what they say-- Dreams really do come true!  Okei. So more like Heavenly Father knows that He needs me there in Oulu and so He blessed me with this wonderful opportunity to be able to serve there this transfer and hopefully the next one too.  When I heard the phone ring during personal study on Friday, my heart just started pounding.  Transfer calls are just always scary and nerve-racking like that.  Well then we found out what was happening.  Sister Adams will be staying here in Jyväskylä another transfer and getting Sister Yost who was Sister Allen (my last companion's companion).  After we got off the phone with President Watson, I ran around the apartment jumping up and down yelling and laughing and was just so excited.  And then... I got nervous. And scared. And sad.  And worried.  And a bunch of other no-fun emotions that come with fear and heartbreak.  Heartbreak because I've had to say bye to all of these wonderful amazing people that have become so dear to my heart here in Jyväskylä and also to this crazy beautiful city that I call home now.  8 precious months.  Some of the most amazing months of my entire life.  I know that I have been influenced by the people here and the experiences that I have had while serving here in Jyväskylä.  I just will miss it oh so much.  Saying bye to everyone over the past few days has been almost as hard as saying bye to my family.  All I've practically done is cry.  But I know that all will be well, and I just count my blessings because God has allowed me to stay here for over 8 months.  It's just so special.  Oh I just love this place.

Being a Sister Training Leader just scares the giffies right out of me.  Definitely isn't something I feel in any way qualified or ready for.  But. I know that God has purpose in all things and I know that our Mission President is called of God to make these transfer calls.  So like our wonderful Hymn book so beautifully states, I'll Go Where He Wants Me To Go, I'll Be Who He Wants Me To Be... I know that with His divine help and the Savior of the world on my side, I can do all things.  I can do this.  And I willingly accept!  I know God will help me and that if I do my best, He will make up for all that I lack.  He has so far, and I know He will never leave me alone.  If I trust in Him and do all that is in my power, IT WILL ALL WORK OUT... it always does.

Some other really awesome miracles I have seen this week are these:

-The investigator that we have been teaching since I got here back last July, finally has a baptismal date.  AHH... I am so excited.  I know that she's going to be baptized.  She's so ready.
-We picked up another new investigator.  The lesson was so awesome and she's just this nice sweet old lady.  What's even better?  She is a referral from one of the members.  Those are always the best.


Well that's about all I have time to write for the week.  I am so blessed.  I love this Gospel.  I am so excited for this new adventure in my life.  It's going to be great.  Thanks for all your love and support.  I love you all so much! Have a super week!

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Jordan




I love Sister Adams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment