Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16, 2016 My Cup Overfloweth

Kaikille: 
What a week.  I'll tell you about some of the highlights: 

So on Tuesday, we got a new investigator.  She's a mom that we met on the street a few days ago.  We honestly didn't do or say anything special or different on the street, I just know that when we do what we're supposed to, God takes care of the rest and blesses us.  So now we have a new investigator which is awesome.  

Wednesday, we taught 7 lessons in one day.  Talk about running around feeling like a chicken with it's head cut off.  Not a minute it lost.  It's nuts.  So we've been doing more and more and more member splits in order to get more member present lessons and it's so crazy because on wednesday evening, Sister Powell and I weren't even together at all from 6 until 9 that night when we met back up at our apartment.  It's like a married couple coming home from work and we finally get to tell each other about our day-- the successes and the let downs.  It's so fun to come home and say, "Guess what?!"  And for once, your companion can't even guess because she actually hasn't been with you 24-7 and seen and heard the exact same things as you.  It's werid though.  It's weird to be apart like that, but I'm just grateful that we have such willing members.  


Thursday, we had my very last Zone Conference (the one where President Watson and Sister Watson come and do most of the teaching).  It was a bitter sweet feeling inside.  I just can't even begin to explain how much I love listening to President Watson speak to us.  He is a very talented teacher and knows how to teach by the spirit.  It's amazing how we learn and the insights we gain just by the questions he asks.  I definitely am blessed.  

So  I guess to summarize the rest of the week and the week as a whole--It's been such a great week. This has been mine and Sister Powell's best week. I can't even begin to describe the love that I have for Sister Powell. I know that without her help or the Lord's, there's no way I would have ever been able to do what we have. She is someone sent from above-- literally an angel. I have never seen someone work so hard before, care so much about others and so little about herself, and desire salvation and the Gospel for others so desperately. I have truly been touched and changed and shaped in such a unique way from the time that I have had with Sister Powell. I know there were a lot of things that Heavenly Father has wanted me to learn from Sister Powell this transfer, but I think the biggest one is really found in the scripture Matthew 22:36-40. Sister Powell understands what it means to love the Lord first and foremost and then to love literally everyone else. I have felt that love so many times, not necessarily by notes or by hugs or by long conversations with her, but more by how much she has pushed me to be better, to work harder, to do more, and to be better than I ever would have been without that. There's never been a time that I knew I could be frustrated with Sister Powell, because she always was trying to help me give my heart to God-- to obey His will and not my own. I know that we've seen miracles this transfer and especially this last week, because Sister Powell had the faith that not only she could do it, but that I could be there helping too and that together we could do as the Lord wants. I know because of her faith and determination and love for God, we saw the hand of God and His power. I think the biggest lesson I learned this week out of everything, was not to give up on anyone.

We have this one investigator.  He was found just before I got here. He's an older many about 82 years old. His wife has really bad health right now and most of the time has to be in bed. They have home nurses that come about everyday. At the beginning of our teaching, I just really remember feeling like he just didn't get it. He just wanted to talk about everything under the sun, and it was so hard to teach and feel like it was successful. But because Sister Powell believed that one day he would be baptized and one day we would be able to get him to church, I believed too. But it definitely wasn't without doubt. There were times that I thought maybe we should stop going there for a while, because it didn't seem as though he was progressing much. But we kept going. And then we even started going and helping him in his yard or stacking wood for about a half hour and then teaching him. And we just kept on inviting and inviting him to church and trying to find all the possible solutions. And then, this Sunday, out of any of our investigators that I would have expected to be in church, guess who walks through the front door on Sunday-- Sister Powell's last sunday. Yep... It was Him. He had come! Now I'm sure you can guess just how happy I was. It was just like this fire burning in my heart all through Sacrament meeting to have him there sitting in church. Oh how I had hoped that it would be possible, yet oh how I had doubted and felt that we should give up. I know that God wants all of His children to return and live with Him. I know he does. I know He loves us and that's why.  That's why He is allowing and making these changes happen in this investigator's life so that he will be able have that promise of living with God again. I pray that from this experience, that I can learn to do ALL that I can, ALL that's in mine and God' power to help people to experience the blessings of the Gospel before I question giving up on them or not trying anymore.

Truly God is with us.  He is so good.  I know this is His work, and when we do all that we can-- when we give all our hearts to him, that His blessings just overflow into our lives.  I am so grateful for this work and the chance I have to be a missionary.  Thank you all for your support and love.  This is it.  My last transfer.  The last 9 weeks.  Let's give it all we have! 

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment