Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May 10, 2016 A Week of Miracles

Kaikille:
Where do I even begin to describe the last week. I have never worked so hard in my life and just felt completely exhausted... yet at the same time, I have never felt so accomplished and excited to kneel down at night and talk with my Heavenly Father about all the amazing things that happened that day and that week. It has been one miracle after the next. This week we hit the standards of excellence for member present lessons and also for new investigators, in fact, we even surpassed them both by two. IT WAS CRAZY. So I mostly want to tell you about how sunday went, because it was the craziest day of all.
So in nightly planning the night before, we realized that we still needed 7 more member present lessons in order to reach our weekly goal of 24. To add to this, it was Mother's day and it was a Sunday, which meant a few different things. First, that we would have church, which would take out a chunk of our day (of course we wanted to go to church), but it would definitely take out some of that time. Second, because it was Mother's Day, it was also a soft red day or in other words, we wouldn't be able to do any knocking on people's doors without invite. And third, we were going to be skyping our families, so that was going to take out another at least hour and a half. But the amazing thing about being with Sister Powell, is I know that I can always count on her and her faith is just rock solid. So with the help of Sister Powell's faith and determination to make this happen we decided to make all the plans that we could to make our goal happen. After church, we ate as fast as we could and then we took off with a member to our first lesson. It was about a 10 minute bike ride. We kept our lesson to about 20 minutes and then raced off to the next lesson in the center about 15 minutes away. We met a member there and waited for the investigator for about 10 or 15 minutes which put us behind schedule about a half hour by the time we got done teaching him. So we headed to that same members house as fast as we could and started skyping our families. In the middle of each of us skyping, the other one had the phone calling members and getting everything organized for the evening. Then when we finished skyping, Sister Powell headed in the car with one member and I headed on my bike with another member. Sister Powell went and taught a new investigator and then one that we already had had. Then I and this member headed as fast as we could to one of our investigator's houses to read with him. Then from there, perfectly on time we arrived 10 minutes later in Välkylä and taught another investigator. Then ran from that lesson across the street to teach a less active and from there raced to our house as fast as we could where we met Sister Powell and the other member. Sister Powell and I thanked them and then ran into the house and knelt down and prayed as fast we could to be on time for planning. And just like that. Phew..... 6 member lessons in one day, 2 new investigators, 1 referral, and 1 less-active lesson. IT WAS THE CRAZIEST DAY I HAVE EVER HAD. But definitely one of the best. I really thought about it that night as I was going to bed and the thought occurred to me... This is what it must have felt like-- this is probably just a small glimpse of what the Savior's life was like every. single. day. You're so busy in the service of others, that you just forget your weaknesses, you forget anything that's bothering your mind, you forget you miss home in fact you don't even think about home really except for that 40 precious minutes allotted to you, and then it's right back to business. Your heart is filled with love and happiness and you just want to wake up to do it all over again the next day. I can't even begin to describe exactly how I felt that night when we added up numbers and saw the work that we had done that week.

So.. of course I've thought about this. Numbers are not all that matter, so why do I feel so happy. Well I think the answer is really in what I said earlier, that the reason we were able to do those things was of course because of Heavenly Father, but I think also because we were willing to give our hearts to him. We were willing that day to sacrifice dinner for example to try and squeeze in one more lesson. We were willing to pedal our bikes as fast as we could even if our legs were burning, just so that we could make it there and have enough time to teach. Our eyes truly were single to the Glory of God the best that we knew how and miracles, literally miracles happened on Sunday. It has been one of the most amazing experiences of my mission and of course a day I won't ever forget. I'm just so grateful for such an AMAZING companion and her diligence and faith.

So to all the Mothers or grandmothers that may read this, Happy Mother's Day.  I know that the world couldn't survive without you.  We need you and we love you.  I love you!  Thank you!

I just want to bear my testimony that I know that God is with us.  He cares about us.  He recognizes our fervent prayers and in His timing He answers.  I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives and loves each of us.  I'm so grateful for this His restored Gospel.  In His Name even Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Have an awesome week!  LOVE YOU ALL!!

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment