Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 31, 2016 It's Not About Me !

Kaikille:
What a week.  A wonderful wonderful week.  What a life-- a wonderful amazing blessed life.  Can I just say again.... I love being a missionary.  I love sharing the Gospel.  This week has been a really really warm one, in fact I think the warmest one we've had thus far.  It's weird because all the Finns keep saying that it's way too early for it to be this warm.  Because the Finns are worried, that worries me a little too-- because they sure know their weather.  But for now I'm just enjoying the sun and all these beautiful days.  It is SO beautiful.  All the flowers have just blossomed and it really is summer here.  I think it's actually extra hot here, because the sun shines just about all the time.  Luckily we sleep in a room where we have big thick curtains that keep the sunlight out of the window and door that shut, so we can actually sleep in a somewhat dark room.  It's completely light outside when we go to bed-- a weird feeling for sure, but it's nice.

This week there have been a few changes in terms of investigators and baptismal dates and everthing, but I know that we've been doing so much and God is taking care of it all in His timing and in His way.  One of our investigators, we've moved his baptismal date a little later, so now it will be the 25th of June, and then the other one that was scheduled for the 11th of June we haven't rescheduled now, because there are some difficulties with his work and being able to come to church on Sunday.  So for now we just keep continuing to teach them and help them prepare for baptism.  We've actually been cutting down on a lot of our investigators.  We had just so many, but none were really progressing and we'd been teaching them for a really long time.  So we decided this past week after going to Missionary Leadership Council and learning so much, that we should challenge every one of our investigators to baptism again that didn't already have a baptismal date, and then decide from there if we should let them be for a little while until the time is right again when they are ready to make that covenant with Heavenly Father.  It's definitely never an easy thing to let investigators go-- not an easy thing at all, especially when you've been teaching them for a while and pretty frequently, but I feel that we've done what is best and what Heavenly Father would want and so that's what matters.  It's not about me anyways.  That's something I am definitely learning and want to just master completely.

I know that this mission isn't about and never has been about me-- yes there are definite things that need changing about myself and ways that I need to and have progressed in the Gospel, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that when we really lose ourselves in the service of others-- in the service of God-- that we find who we are, we ourselves change, and we become converted to the Gospel.  I love so much where I am at and what I am doing.  My heart hurts knowing that one day soon I will leave this sacred place never to come back and be a 20 year old set-apart missionary sharing the gospel every day as much as I can.  I cherish and love everyone of these days and I'm striving to live each one to its' very fullest right now.  I love you all so much.  I hope you have a great and successful day!

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar jordan
Sis Jacobsen and Sis Jordan
Sis Jacobsen formerly from the Milford Area as a kid -
 did Horse 4H with Schyler their first year!

Oulu on the Ranta

No comments:

Post a Comment