Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 7, 2016 Stop and Smell the Roses

Kaikille:
When was the last time you just took a moment to be still?....  To really just think about God.  To think about all He's created.  To ponder the amount of love that he has for you.  To count the blessings that are in your life and to thank him for each one of those.  To marvel at the beauty that surrounds you each day.  To appreciate your life and the blessing and privelage that it is.  This week I've made time to just make sure I do this for just 5 minutes each day-- even if it meant that I did that as I bike from one area to the next trying to make it to a lesson.  It requires a lot of concentration and effort, but it has made me stop and realize even more all that God has given to me and blessed me with.

Tonight we have a lesson with one of our investigators who has been progressing in ways that only God could have control over.  I'm so excited for this lesson, because I think that we will be able to move his baptism up a week.  So when that works out, it will be on the 18th of this month.  I know that thanks to our fast and the priesthood blessing that he received a little over a week ago, he is progressing the way that he is.  I've been so grateful to see how much God has blessed him and to see how much he has blessed us to know how we can help him.  One of my most favorite things in this whole process has been to see the light of the Gospel just shine in his eyes.  He truly is so happy and because of that, it makes me so happy.  It's really a happiness that you can't completely descibe.  It's this happiness that burns deep into your bones and your heart.  It fills your whole body with light and warmth and goodness.  It's the kind of happiness that only comes from righteous gospel living and righteous gospel sharing.  It's a happiness that want to feel the rest of my life.  I truly stand all amazed at the love God has for his children.  He loves them. He loves them oh so very much and I know He wants them to return to Him.  I'm so grateful that as a missionary I can be the instrument in His hands, to help His children feel this love.

I can't thank God enough for guiding my life in such a way as to allow me to be here.  Right here right now in Oulu Finland.  I can't even being to describe the gratitude that I have for His tender mercies in my life-- for the strength to endure hard things and to find happiness in the darkest of times.  I love my Heavenly Father so much and I want nothing more than to serve Him the rest of my life.  I love this calling to serve as a full-time missionary for Him in this beautiful and sacred country.  I love and cherish each day.  These truly are the days...  Serve a mission.  It's the most sacred, and special, and amazing thing you'll ever do.

I love you all so much! Thanks for everything! Have a super week!

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment