Tuesday, July 19, 2016

July 18, 2016 Aika Rientää


Kaikille:

The last one!!   This is it.  This really is it.  I cannot believe I am saying this right now.  As sad as it sounds and as much as I hate to admit, I remember just a little over a year ago crossing off each day on the calendar and thinking to myself, "It will never end."  And now here I am just 4 days away from it all being over and I'm looking at that same calendar and thinking, "It can't end. No it just can't."  I have come to love these people and this language and this culture and being a missionary more than anything in this world apart from my family.  They are my family.  My family on the other side of the world, up there in the north…..The family that will always be so dear and sacred to my heart.  I have been blessed with one of the most amazing weeks of my mission this last week.  I plan on telling you more about it in my talk this Sunday, so I'll save most of it for then.  But just want to express to you my love and gratitude for my Heavenly Father.  He has heard my prayers and been so aware of my desires and wishes.  I know that He listens to our prayers and that He truly answers-- be it in His own way and time, according to His will-- but He does answer.  This past week we were able to get three new investigators and set two new baptismal dates.  It was awesome! I saw miracle after miracle.  
There's much still to be done here and I have the rest of my life to tell you about everything that has happened over the past 19 months, so I'll keep this short.
I want you to know that I know that God lives.  Jesus Christ is His Son, the Savior and Redeemer of the world.  They love us--each one of us, no matter the struggles, the weakness, the temptations, or the mistakes we have made or experienced.  They want us to return to them. They have created a plan, a Plan of Happiness to ensure our return.  This plan is now and through it and by it we can experience the greatest happiness not only in the future, but right now.  I know that our Savior Jesus Christ is central to this plan.  Through him, our lives can be changed.  I know that this is His restored church on the earth today.  Joseph Smith was the worthy vessel through whom He restored His church and brought forth the Book of Mormon.  I know that this is God's work.  He is here and has been here each day helping us to bring His children back to Him.  I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ.  I love my mission.  I am so grateful for all I have experienced the last 19 months and I know that God has had a hand in all.  I am so grateful.  I know these things are true and I say them in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 
I love you all so much! Thank you again! Have a great week! 

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Jordan

Picking fresh strawberries for the last time with Sisar Airaksinen! 


Some of my most favorite ladies in the entire world!

OULU!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment