Monday, February 23, 2015

A little bleep from Mom

Along with Schyler's blog letter she sends me an additional letter as well, so I thought I would share a few things she said to me.

From Schyler...."  I am so glad I am here and I made the decision to come on my mission.  18 months is really not long at all...time is flying by already......I am thankful for the closeness that I have with my Savior and Heavenly Father.  Somedays I think I have figured out why missionaries don't want to come home.  There is something about being on a mission at this time in your life and when you truly try to forget about everything else and focus on the glory of the Lord it changes you.  The easiest environment to do that in is as a missionary.  I would imagine that when we go home and try to get back into the swing of normal life the focus becomes more about our ways and our life - when really it should be on the Lord's way and the lifestyle he would choose for us.  It's hard to explain unless you've experienced it, but it has changed my whole perspective on life.  Needless to say, Mom, I am HAPPY and I want you to know that."  

I am so excited for the rest of Schyler's mission.  Great things happen to your kids as they serve in this capacity.  It's been a blessing and the greatest experience as a parent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment