Monday, February 23, 2015

Missions Are Forever

2/19/2015-
So, this week was really crazy.  Tomorrow we get out flight plans and it is seriously like Christmas Eve !!! I am so excited to finally be going to Finland. As well as nervous for sure.  I never thought I'd be able to say this, but I will miss the shelter of the MTC - being constantly surrounded with missionaries, singing with 1300 other missionaries "called to serve" in devotionals, my amazing teachers and just everything!!!! I have learned so much here and will be forever grateful for the experiences I have had.
Today I just want to share some of what I learned in a movie we watched. It came from a talk by Elder Holland from a 2006 devotional here at the MTC.  He talked about how if we truly serve the way we should our missions should last our whole lives! If we do what we have been called to do with all our heart, might, mind and strength - we will come home different and our lives will never be the same.  If we serve fully, we will never be normal again. LOL!!!!  He really pointed out how important it was not to waste any part of our missions.  To make everything count even the worst days!  I really am going to try harder to commit everything to the LORD and do my very best!!!!
I am short on time as usual, but know I love you all and miss you dearly. I know it will be over before I know it, so I am going to make the most of everything.  I love you all.  Have the best day ever!!!!
Rakkendella,
Sisar Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment