Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 6, 2015 Shortest Email Ever !!!

Kaikille:
So first off, sorry this is the shortest email ever.  I should have written this first, because now I've ran out of time to write it all-- haha my mistake.  So as fast as I can I just wanted to update everyone.  Our family is doing great!  Hopefully here in about 3 weeks we will be having a baptism.  We taught tithing and fast offerings this last week and of course they accepted it all.  They got really sick this last week with "whopping snot disease" (in finnish) and weren't able to make it to conference and had to cancel their first lesson ever yesterday.  Hopefully we can meet on friday and they will be feeling better.  We delivered them cookies yesterday anyways, and they were pretty surprised to see us and even more weirded out by the fact that we had brought cookies... I guess that's not really a huge thing here in Finland.  But oh well!

Conference was amazing! I loved it so much and we are so blessed to have a living day Prophet who loves us so much and apostles who are called of God.  I know that we are blessed when we listen to and follow their guidance and counsel.  What a blessing!  My favorite talk was from the Women's conference by President Uchtdorf called "A Summer with Great Aunt Rose."  If you haven't had a chance to listen to it (boys included) you should!  This is one of my favorite parts of the talk:

"But," Eva said, "you can't just flip a switch and go from sad to happy."

"No, perhaps not," Aunt Rose smiled gently, "but God didn't design us to be sad.  He created us to have joy!  So if we trust Him, He will help us to notice the good, bright, hopefuly things of life.  And sure enough, the world will become brighter.  No, it doesn't happen instantly, but honestly, how many good things do?  Seems to me that the best things, like homemade bread or orange marmalade, take patience and work." (President Uchtdorf)

I just want to end on that note! I love this Gospel! I love our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I know they designed us to be happy and that we can be through the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I love you all! Have a great week!

Rakkaudellani,

Tempatures a droppin!


I love my companion !!!!!


Fall in Finland!



Sisar Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment