Sunday, December 27, 2015

December 22, 2015 Merry Christmas !!!

Kaikille:
Well another week.  Surprises never seem to cease lately in my life.  It's great!  Changes are good.

We had Interim training at the Mission home this last week in Helsinki.  There were about 18 elders, 5 sister, the 2 assistants, and President and Sister Watson.  It's so much fun to stay at the mission home.  We do lots of training and role playing and talking and learning and crying and sharing.  It's the best.  Well... While I was there I found out-- I will be getting a new companion.  Sisar Saarinen.  She is a Finn.  AHH... I get to serve with an actual Finn.  I am so excited.  So now I will be training both her and Sister Adams.  It's been a crazy last three days for sure since we all came back from the mission home to Jyväskylä.  So she was supposed to go to the MTC, but she still hasn't gotten her visa yet and they don't think it will come for at least 6 more weeks, so for right now she is going to be serving here in Finland.  Her call is to the St. George, Utah visitor's center misison.  How cool is that?  So close to home, so I have lots to tell her about there.  This is definitely going to be an exciting next few weeks.

Guess what everyone.  Dec. 21st has come and gone--- know what that means?? The days finally start getting lighter here.  I made it.  I made it through the darkness.  okei... so it actually wasn't' that bad, but definitely weird to get used to. It still hasn't snowed yet and i'm sad.  I hope it snows for Christmas.

I finally got to go to the temple too while we were at Interim.  It's the first time i've been through a session in English for about 10 months.  That was really nice.  I love the temple here.  Well everywhere I love it, but it's really special here.  It's just so Finnish.  I love the temple and I'm grateful they have one here.  Even though we don't get to go very often at all, I am really grateful to even have one.

Well that's about all the most exciting things for this week.  I'm sorry my emails everyone are getting more boring probably and less informative.  Hopefully those of you who have served missions or are serving will understand.  I love you all!  Hope you have a wonderful MERRY CHRISTMAS!

"And then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son." (Alma 33:23)

Christ is everything.  Remember why we celebrate Christmas and contemplate the blessings your knowledge of Him has brought to your life.  Remember His life, and His example.  I love Him.  I am so grateful I can share my testimony of Him with the people here in Finland.  I hope you all can really think about Him this Christmas.  I love you all!  Have a fantastic week!

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Jordan
Fun christmas cards from Sister Adams's Mom.  Lots of fun at the Mission Home! :) 

Sisar Saarinen, Sisar Adams, and ME! :)  I love my companions! 

Selfies with President's Wife-- Sister Watson.  She's the best! We sure love her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment