Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 5, 2016 "Now When We Were About To Turn Back...."

kaikille:
The honest explanation of this week really is gratitude. Simply put, Sister Jacobsen and I have really been struggling to make things happen here in the last two weeks. We feel like we've been doing everything we can to be obedient and to work hard, but it seemed like every lesson fell through, every member we could think of was out of town for vacation, and no one on the street wanted to take the time to listenl. Then at MLC this past week I felt the urgency of finding and I just felt pretty stressed inside that we were to add to the statistics that had dropped so much in finding recently. I was really starting to get frustrated. What were we doing wrong. AND... I started to feel the hopelessness again and the "something must be wrong with me and I just am not capable of doing this." That dark feeling of wanting to give up, to give in and just quit crept in, and I was panicking. But then... Heavenly Father in His loving goodness heard my prayers and knew how desperate I was. Yesterday was SUCH a good day. It just seemed that everything seemed to fit into place and people listened and we set up appointments with people and our investigators were progressing and returning from trips and members were coming back and it all just seemed to go right into place. I can't begin to explain the enormous amount of gratitude I had for Heavenly Father at the end of yesterday. He is so good. He is so aware of our circumstances, of our desires, and our righteous pleas. I know that He is with us each day and He truly wants us to succeed. I love being a missionary. I love Finland.

Time is winding down quickly.  Just want you all to know how much I love you and how much I love my mission!  I am forever grateful for the lessons that i have learned here and the people I have met.  I love my Heavenly Father and for the many blesses that I am granted each day.  Keep trying and keep working hard, whatever it may be that you are striving for or working on.  I promise God hears your prayers and in His time and according to His will, He will be there.  He will answer.  Hope you have a great week! Love you lots!

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Jordan

P.S. For anyone who might be reading this... My homecoming talk is on the 24th of July 9am 1350  E 200 N at the Stake Center in Beaver and you are welcome to come! I would love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment